Checking & Routing Fixtures & Assembly StationsATS UK produces a wide range of checking fixtures for all types of mouldings. All supplied with certificate of conformity traceable to national standards.
CAD Checking Fixture DesignUsing supplied data on the relevant parts to create an individually designed fixture to suit customer requirements.
Fixtures are fully designed as a CAD model and sent to the customer for comment and approval before manufacture commences.
Fixture & Gauge Manufacture
Using supplied data or data created by ATS UK, we can design and manufacture fixtures and gauges for components ranging from large automotive panels to small assembly jigs. Fixtures can be produced in a variety of materials depending on the customer needs and durability.
Designed for production environments to assemble, sub-assemble, bond, or rivet, or for simply adding tapes, badges or artwork. The assembly stations can be as simple as a framework nest or as complex as a stand-alone workstation with all the necessary services included (electrics, light, extraction and the necessary tools).
Jigs & Fixtures
Thanks to our fast turn around, this service is used heavily by the motor sport industry, as jigs for drilling, bonding and machining are required for the titanium and Kevlar parts.
Routing Fixtures for Plastics
Complex fixtures can be manufactured either from CAD data or supplied parts, enabling the parts to be vacuumed in position for 5 axis machining of trim edges, post-drilled fixings or simple modification of parts. This process is mainly used by the vacuum forming or in-moulded industries.
Routing Fixtures for Metals
Turnkey packages include full design service (using various clamping methods, such as vacuum, pneumatic clamps and toggles clamps), manufacture, installation and NC programming. Various electronics can be added to suit the customer needs.
Part sensors are used to ensure the part is held correctly, clamp sensors to enable seamless machining, and vacuum gauges to ensure the part is held firmly in place.Checking Fixture General Specification
- All fixtures will be mounted on aluminium base plates, ranging in thickness between 12mm and 20mm, depending on size of gauge OR within a lightweight aluminium space frame.
- All mouldings will be mounted in car line or at 90° to car line to reduce size of fixture.
- All checking fixtures will replicate BIW fixing conditions.
- All fixing metal work (screw pins, location pins/bushes and hole plates) will be manufactured from high quality steel which will be chemi-blacked or painted for anti-rust finish.
- All block material for gap and flush checks will be produced from LAB 1151 tooling board.
- All sight checks will be highlighted in red/blue where required.
- Base plates will have datum plates fitted giving X, Y and Z co-ordinates.
- Procedure and identification plates will be engraved (part name and part number, as advised by the customer).
- All finished fixtures will be delivered with an inspection report.